Saturday 21 June 2008

Rhubarb and rice pudding!

Feeling decidely indulgent on this cold damp day, I found myself inspired when given a gift of rhubarb this morning! (I get the strangest presents!)

Whilst I love rhubarb for some reason I have never actually cooked with it before but I was very pleased with the result!

For the Rhubarb: (makes 3-4 servings)

460g diced rhubarb
apx 12 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp sloe whiskey

In a large shallow pan, add all the ingredients and bring to a gentle simmer, cover and ignore for 10 minutes, return and mix well and remove the lid and allow the excess liquid to bubble away. That's it - all done!

For the rice pudding: (makes 1-2 servings depending on greed levels)

25g vanilla sugar
50g pudding rice
1 pint milk
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Mix everything together and gently bake in a shallowish dish for approx 2 hours or until the liquid is nearly absorbed and its gorgeously brown!


To serve simply place a good dollop of each and bowl and tuck in! :-) perfect food on a grim day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10