Monday 10 November 2008

Pork and Apple Puff's

This recipe tonight came about as I had a pack of organic Pork and Apple sausages and a block of home made puff pastry both lurking in the freezer and not much else!

This is also because I have promised the other-half to stick to the shopping list this week and only buy the potatoes and milk that are on it, for Thursday's dinner (cottage pie, already got the beef!) - we are also aiming to clear the fridge-freezer as I think its on its way out.........just need to sweet talk our landlord though! I am sure it does need replacing as it is straight out of the 1980's and most likely not very energy efficient anymore! Trouble is I keep finding random little bags and tubs even though I do try and label things...still trying to work out what to do with the juice I saved from a tin of mandarins!

Anyway enough of my ramblings, here it is:

Serves 2
Easy

6 pork and apple sausages (ours were Tesco organic)
300 puff pastry (home or ready made)
1 egg (for glazing)
Flour for dusting

1) Split the puff pastry into two equal blocks, dust a piece of baking paper with flour and roll out to 26cm long by 15cm wide (approx though I did have a ruler!) Pre-heat oven 190o fan / about 210 normal!

2) Skin the sausages and lightly mix around in a bowl, now place half the sausage meat on 1 half of the pastry, leaving a good cm on each side, brush all exposed areas with beaten egg and pull the other half over, pinch between finger and thumb to seal, repeat with the other one and poke a couple of holes in the top using a fork or skewer.









3) Place on a greased or lined baking tray (I use baking parchment), brush all over with egg and transfer to the oven, cook for about 30 minutes or until golden on top.









N.b. I always use good housekeeping's pastry recipes. And yes I seem to be one of the rare ones who actually enjoys making pastry from scratch!

4 comments:

  1. That is neat! I make egg puffs a lot, and love it. First time here, nice blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the sound of your pork puffs - I must try these out :)

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will definately be a staple over the winter! So easy and very tasty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne these sound so good and I'm book-marking the recipe to try! Thanks for sharing.

    Maria
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10