Monday 24 June 2013

Grilled Haddock with Tomato and Rosemary Butter - Surprisingly Frugal

Recently I moved in with my boyfriend, and into another shared kitchen...which hasn't gone quite as swimmingly as one had hoped but its being resolved...as a result most of my cooking stuff is still in storage boxes whilst we await both space and furniture to arrive and cooking has been limited...however nothing gets in the way of dinner and this fishy dish was not only surprisingly frugal but delicious too and nothing complicated needed other than a grill, a bowl and a fork. Oh and the shared microwave (slightly grim inside but nothing a good dose of anti-bac won't fix!)

Sainsbury's recently were doing a blogger promotion for a fish called River Cobbler, and sent me a voucher, unfortunately my local branch didn't stock it and instead used it to pick up some lovely MSC fresh Haddock Fillets, that were on offer and reduced to 99p for the two! I do like a bargain! I am hoping to still try the River Cobbler, I've heard mixed reviews but always like to go with my own judgement on these things... 

Keeping on the frugal theme the butter was just the basics unsalted stuff, the rosemary came from a neigbour's garden and the tomato puree was a recent discovery also by coincidence from Sainsbury's, and I use it in so many things is worth its fridge place! The lemon juice is from a bottle, far more economical if you don't often buy lemons or just need small amounts. And the potatoes were Jersey Royals, paid for by Dad when we were in Jersey. 

Serves two - Easy

Ingredients:

2 large boneless Haddock or similar white fish fillets
Approx 3 tbsp butter
1 sprig rosemary, leaves stripped and finely chopped
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 tsp cherry tomato puree
Twist of S&P

Method:

Soften the butter, either by being organised and leaving out of the fridge ahead of making or via a couple of short blasts in the microwave.

Beat in the lemon juice, puree, seasoning and rosemary, use a teaspoon or similar to smother the fillet.


Pre-heat the grill to medium heat, place the fillets skin side down on foil and gently grill for approximately 10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily and is just opaque inside. Gently remove using a fish slice or whatever does the job in the mess of the kitchen draw.


Serve with buttered new potatoes and steamed vegetables of your choice:


Simple, delicious, healthy and nearly free. What more can you want!

I am also entering my dish over at Cooking with herbs June challenge:


With thanks to Kate at Sainsbury's

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10