Monday 3 February 2014

Monday and its Meal Plan time!

A little bit late tonight with the meal plan - I did a long day at work and after a rare treat - a relaxing bath chock full of Radox salts and a wee glass of Sherry and I am marginally human again and can relax for 15 minutes... before an early night to work again in the morning! Don't ya just love shift work ..though I am doing someone else's shift as a favour so I can only blame myself! My feet want to cry a little and both my knee's are something else altogether but gotta keep smiling, there's not much else one can do!!

Last week was relatively on plan, though the Tuna fishcakes got bumped entirely as I found an abandoned cauliflower at the back of the fridge and made Cauliflower cheese bakes instead, which were very tasty and at least we didn't waste anything! Friday's stuffed squash also became the potential takeaway - a chicken shish with twister fries, washed down with a few glasses of Cava!

So this week its been pay day but we are really trying to use things up, as I have a storecupboard full of food and its a waste to buy new things in - we also have family over one night and a variety of shifts to contend with.. I am sure stockpiling pasta isn't a good thing but I can't resist the good stuff when its on special offer!

To get ahead and save too our lunches are also mostly made - I had mushroom and cambazola soup today, B had Piri Piri pasties and he will be eating his way through them - tuna couscous is also planned later in the week for when my soup runs out. I also made a pretty decent chocolate mincemeat cake so that's pudding sorted for tomorrow night!


Monday - Fish fingers (the very last of the multi-size packet!) with new potatoes
 and green beans

Tueday - Spinach and lentil dal, chappatis, beetroot bhajis, cumin potatoes 
and spiced green beans

Wednesday - Possibly pizza..am out shopping all day and Dr Oetker have given 
me a voucher for a Spinaci one ..

Thursday - Sausage and lentil stew

Friday - leftovers

Weekend - Am working so will be easy meals, possibly spaghetti bolognese or pasta in some form!

As always - check out the rest of the mealplans via Mrs M!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10