Monday 24 February 2014

Monday Meal Planning

Apologies for skipping the meal plan last week, I had done a rough plan but was feeling overwhelmed by buying too much food in without a proper plan and I found myself staring into the fridge and my brain racing, wanting to make all sorts of things but struggling to settle on just one dish each night! I think some of it is maybe the last of some awful medication I had been on finally getting out of my system that induced temporary but hideous anxiety, good riddance to it too!! I also really like to plan on a Sunday for the week ahead but we had my mum over after finally the flood waters had gone down enough to get through to her 

Anyway last week despite the constant indecision we had some pretty decent dishes including another vat of Curried Beetroot soup - finally B is convinced soup really isn't so bad, especially when croutons are present and I am trying to make soup weekly, to fill us up cheaply and healthily! This winter we have been quite indulgent and I know in the blink of an eye spring is almost upon us, and hopefully can we can get out in the fresh air, when my knees decide to behave anyway that is! Last week mainly involved finishing off a glorious South African Milktart we made on Valentine's Day, which was a taste of home for B - its a bit like a milkier version of an Egg Custard, though topped with cinnamon instead of nutmeg, and its lush. Very lush!



So this week is mainly running down the fridge and freezer - planning a big shop at the weekend so I need to make space! My weeks shifts are a mixed bag as always with lates, nights and earlies, along with 4 various medical appointments and so it fits around them too!

Harissa pork kebabs. Butternut Squash Israeli couscous with sultanas and almonds. 
Spicy Sweet potato wedges


Spag bol or leftovers (if there are any!)

Slow cooked Chinese Pork with wild rice. 

Pancakes filled with leftovers 


Satay Chicken noodles or very similar!


MPM

Have a great week everyone! Anne x

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that all sounds seriously delicious.

    Have a good week!

    Sx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10