Monday 23 February 2015

Monday Meal Plan W/c 23/02/15

Once again the week has seemingly flown by and Monday has rolled around again! Though I have been so engrossed in colouring in my creative therapy book I have lost all track of time and retreated into my own little world, briefly leaving for tea! Its a brilliant distraction technique from pain, stress and worry! Fortunately for B I did manage to drag myself away to make some food in-between otherwise we may have been that bit more svelte this week!
 
For once we stuck to most of the meal plan last week! Tuesday's baked pancakes were heavenly and I had to blog them to share their love! I used some fabulous Polish ham and cheese that thanks to one of my lovely readers Sylvia discovered its actually called Twaróg! I have bought more yesterday to do some more experiment with further this week! It feels good to try and use some more authentic ingredients and explore my heritage that bit further!
 

The only night that had a major shift was Friday - I was so looking forward to our meatballs and spaghetti -made with some delicious sausages that my dad had brought over- but was horrified to find they had grown a fur coat! B tried persuading me to go for a Chinese but I actually really wanted to eat meatballs and spaghetti - luckily I remembered my tuna meatballs recipe and I daresay I think I enjoyed them more than the sausage ones!
 
So for this week I have actually been food shopping - and spent a small fortune for us it felt on Saturday but as I hadn't shopped for over a week other than buying milk I was pretty happy to restock the fridge and cupboards! Plus we also picked up some lovely sparkling rose on offer - will be perfect for our upcoming Mothers day meal! I think we will manage most of this weeks plan - B is out friday night for some cricket club do so its me and my friend Ces to cook - I've had a rummage through the cupboards and as we made chickpea burgers fairly successfully last time, this time its bean burgers!
 
 Salmon fillets, jacket bites, leeks and petit pois
Pasta squares with Polish sausage, cheese and kale bake
Tuna meatballs with courgette risotto
Kale and artichoke pesto spaghetti
Beanburgers and rice
 
 





4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely healthy week :D #mealplanningmonday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I've been back and pinned the pancake recipe - looks so delicious.

    Kale and artichoke pesto spaghetti sounds wonderful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lovely meal plan - you're making me miss cheese even more with those baked pancakes! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds lovely, I especially like the sound of the beanburgers :-) x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my kitchen! I love to hear your thoughts and comments on my recipes!

Anne

01 09 10